It's ceremonial to have a grand exit as the couple leaves the reception and departs. However, we love the idea of celebrating the end of the ceremony or the entry into the reception in addition. Which is why we created a 'Share the Sparkle' packet for each of our couple's guests recently. As guests entered the reception site, they were each given a small, clear bag. Inside each bag: a note that stated the date and said "Share the Sparkle" sat alongside a small pinch of confetti. A bit later, the newly married couple entered the reception site to applause and small bit of sparkling confetti overhead. It was a great way to enhance the atmosphere, immediately involve their guests and begin the couple's reception.
Here's how we made our Share the Sparkle bags:
- Gather your supplies: You'll need a hole punch, a metallic marker, paper to punch confetti from and to top each bag (we suggest using your color palette and adding a metallic/glitter sheet to create sparkle), small clear bags and tape.
- Cut out your shapes: You'll need a circle to write your note upon, and two small rectangles (make one slightly deeper than the other and make them both just slightly longer than the width of your bags).
- Make the confetti: Punch, punch, punch.
- Make your tags: We used the wedding date and the words "Share the Sparkle!"
- Fill and assemble: Add one note to each bag, a pinch of confetti and carefully tape the rectangles in two layers over the top edge to close the bags.