I love a great black umbrella. I have a couple, but my favorite is one I've had for a very long time-- full length, a shiny wooden u-shaped handle, and a pointy silver tip. (There's something great about hooking a long umbrella over your forearm as you're window shopping!) But, often I find myself wanting to brighten up the gray skies of Seattle and a fun umbrella is the perfect accessory to do so. Just like you'd pick a beautifully colored scarf, it's fun to add a pop of color or pattern through your umbrella. With a nod to the french advertising poster, here are my favorite umbrellas for use on a rainy day this spring:
- Pieni Unikko Stick Umbrella If the skies are gray, then a round of brightly colored poppies overhead is the answer.
- Felix Ray Cityscape Umbrella I LOVE (love, love, love) a bubble umbrella. Pop it up and pull it down over your head. The translucence allows you to see your surroundings, while staying dry. Like being inside a bubble... but not... but close enough!
- Felix Ray Kissy Face Umbrella How could you not love an umbrella by this name?!
- Kate Spade New York Umbrella THAT handle. Yes, please.
- Top Shop Raining Cats & Dogs Umbrella I love the playfulness of this design. And, for something that could look too young, it actually has a pretty sophisticated feel since the design is on a small scale and minimalistic in color. Really great for those days that you want to have a bit of fun.
- Dome umbrella trimmed in pink Another bubble style umbrella. This one features a pale, icy pink border.
- Brooks Brothers Tattersall Umbrella Almost as classic as a basic black umbrella, this plaid design is actually meant for a man. But, I think it would be fantastic for a woman. I love the full length and the wooden u-shaped handle.
- Cumulus Cutie Umbrella An ever optimistic umbrella. Carry your own blue sky everywhere you go.
Add a new umbrella to your wardrobe this Spring, stay dry out there, and have some fun!